Located about 35 Km north-west of San Jose. Known by the indians as Pacaca. Located about 35 Km north-west of San Jose and can be accessed by a 4 lane highway.
The city of Colon was originally known as Pacaca but its name was changed to Colon in 1916 to honor Christopher Columbus. The city conserves a rural and agricultural atsmosphere.
It belong to the 'Canton de Mora' county which mainly produces coffee, citrics, sugar cane, and cattle.